Terms and conditions
Last updated: [11/12/2018]
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.icam-coalition.org is a Website operated by ICAM Coalition (“we” or “ICAM”). We are a Coalition managed by several organisations – full details of whom can be found at www.icam-coalition.org/about.html. We formed as a forum for discussion on companion animal population management. Within this forum, we aim to share ideas and information, discuss issues relevant to population management and welfare and provide guidance on companion animal population management.
ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE
Our Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted, and we may amend the information or withdraw or suspend our Website and/or the services on our website without notice.
You are responsible for arranging your own access to our Website and for ensuring that anyone that accesses our Website through your internet connection is aware of and complies with these and any other applicable terms.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes and not in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation. You may not use our Website:
- for harming or attempting to harm any individual;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the standards set out below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and
- to create liability for or cause damage to us in any way.
You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell our Website (or part of it) in breach of any of the provisions in these terms and will not access, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Website or any equipment or network on which our Website is stored or any software used in the provision of our Website.
UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR WEBSITE
If a feature allows you to upload material to our Website, or make contact with other users of our Website, then any contribution that you make must be accurate (where it states facts), genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which it is posted.
- contains defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory, violent or sexually explicit material;
- promotes violence or discrimination;
- infringes any intellectual property rights or is in breach of any obligation owed to a third party;
- is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- is (or could considered to be) threatening, cause annoyance, harassment, distress, embarrassment, alarm, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any other person or invade another’s privacy, or
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they come from us.
You retain all your ownership rights in your content, but we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any material that you upload to our Website for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material uploaded by you constitutes a violation or breach of their rights, including their intellectual property rights and their rights to privacy.
USER-UPLOADED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
We will not be responsible for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our Website and we have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Website. If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users to our Website please contact us using the details below.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE AND FRAMING
Our Website must not be framed on any other website.
You may link to our home page only, from a website owned by you and that complies with the standards set out above, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make use of any consent on our Website other than set out above, please contact us using the details below.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
If you are a business user:
The material displayed on our Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy, availability or completeness. We exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by law;
- any liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) whatsoever incurred by any user under or in connection with our Website or the use, inability to use, or reliance on or use of our Website and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage; and
- loss of data, anticipated savings, profits, contracts, business (or business opportunity), business interruption, income, revenue, goodwill, reputation, or wasted management time.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence (or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors), fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE
We (or the members of ICAM) are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use only, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted in our Website. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us or our licensors.
You must not modify copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, or use any content from our Websites out of context including using images, video or audio separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any contributors) as author of material on our Website must be acknowledged.
The logos of our members used on our Website are registered trade marks of those members and you are not permitted to use them without our approval.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them. We do not endorse or make any warranties or representations about the other websites, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our Website are provided for general information only and not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of content on our Website.
OUR WEBSITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your IT, computer programmes and platform to access our Website safely and should use virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms by you and, in such cases, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including without limitation:
- withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
- removal of any material uploaded by you to our Website;
- legal proceedings or legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Website, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our Website.